Heart of Ruth Mission is a hands on loving organization providing educational opportunities and financial support to facilitate growth and self-sustainability at Rainbow House Children’s Home.
- Hosted our 5th Annual Spaghetti Dinner in Sudbury, Ontario raising over $3100!
- Completed the first phase of our transition home project for the children turning 18, who currently live at Rainbow House Children’s Home
- Provided an education for 21 children living at Rainbow House Children’s Home
- Organized and held our 2nd Annual Christmas for Kenya Craft Show on December 1st!
- Hosted our 4th Annual Spaghetti Dinner in Sudbury, Ontario raising over $2200!
- Held a beach day and big dinner for the children at Rainbow House Children’s Home
- Purchased two bikes for Rainbow House Children’s Home (transportation for to and from school for Mwangi, and one of the Rainbow staff who lives a far distance away)
- Sold raffle tickets for a date night draw in Sudbury, Ontario
- Silent Auction and Dance Fundraiser at LIV Muskoka in Bracebridge, Ontario on April 8th raising over $2100!
- Boston Pizza Celebrity Server on April 12th in Sudbury, Ontario raising a total of $648.68!
- Planning a volunteer trip to Kenya May 30th- June 19
- Held the Third Annual Spaghetti Dinner in Sudbury, Ontario raising nearly $1600.00
- Held Silent Auction & Dance Fundraiser at LIV Muskoka in Bracebridge, Ontario raising $2200.00
- Held a Gofundme campaign where we raised $5,500.00 towards our projects for the November volunteer trip
- Transformed an old school house into a functioning Library and Learning Center at Rainbow House Children’s Home
- Raised the wall around Rainbow House by 4 levels of bricks to promote safety and security. A shelter for their askari (guard) was also built at the front entrance gate.
- Fixed all the leakages in the water pipes at Rainbow House as well as fixed shower and toilet facilities
- Sponsored 20 children for education (19 from Rainbow House, 1 from the community) despite 9 sponsor families having to withdrawal their sponsorship
- Successfully held a volunteer trip for 3-5 weeks with 13 volunteers
- Held a Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser in Sudbury, Ontario raising nearly $1400.00 for the 2016 Solar Lighting project
- Sold various cookbooks, calendars and jewelry from Kenya
- Made connections with Nipissing University, such as presentations and co-founder Kristi Haddad spoke on the university radio station about Heart of Ruth Mission
- Connected with Marymount Academy in Sudbury, Ontario and organized a fundraiser raising educational funds for one child for three full years ($1500)
- Hosted our First Annual Craft Show raising nearly $1900.00 in Sudbury, Ontario
- Sent 15,000ksh to JUA Rescue Center to cover medical costs of a sick newborn baby put in their care
- Donated $200.00 Canadian to Same World Same Chance in Kibobomene, Zambia.
- Donated a chimney to the Rainbow House kitchen
- Donated a large supply a fire wood for Rainbow House
- Donated shoes, baby/toddler clothes, and food to local destitute families
- Sponsored 5 children for school for the remainder of the year in Tanzania
- Purchased extra schoolbooks, supplies and shoes for the children at Rainbow House
- Held an indoor yard-sale
- Held a dinner event and live item auction at The Advocate in Sudbury, Ontario
- Held a car wash/dinner/face painting event at The Lighthouse in Sudbury, Ontario
- Selling raffle tickets for the Ultimate Dinner Draw from donated gift cards from Tradebank in Sudbury
- Purchased 12 solar lights for Rainbow House Children’s Home
- Donated 2,500ksh to build a floor for a church/school in Dongokundu, Kenya
- Purchased a large variety of beads and sandal making products for Rainbow House Children’s Home
- Raised enough money to pay the staff at Rainbow House one months wages
- Raised enough funds to send 11 children to private school from Rainbow House Children’s Home
- Had 6 volunteers in Kenya at various times between May-August
- Held a very successful spaghetti dinner and art auction
- Hosted two outdoor yard-sales and one indoor yard-sale/bake-sale
- Sold Kenyan & Other Favourites cookbooks and calendars
- Spoke on KFM 95.5 radio station in Sudbury, Ontario about Heart of Ruth Mission
- Held a Giving Thanks event
- Car Wash and Kenyan jewelry and bag sale
- Purchased 50 mosquito nets for Rainbow House Children’s Home
- Donated 40,000ksh to JUA Rescue Center
- Paid medical bills for all 8 babies and their mothers at JUA Rescue Center
- Helped fund a charity concert for Rainbow House Children’s Home
- Sold Kenyan sandals, jewelry, key chains, clothes, kangas and bags through networking and our online store
- Developed a website
- Raised enough funds to send 9 children to school from Rainbow House Children’s Home and one child from JUA Rescue Center
- Had 6 volunteers in Kenya between May-August
- Held a silent auction
- Held two yard-sales in Sudbury, Ontario and one yard-sale in Kingston, Ontario
- Wrote, printed, and sold Kenyan & Other Favourites cookbooks
- Developed and sold calendars, specific for Gede Special School and Rainbow House Children’s Home
- Sent 8 children from Rainbow House Children’s Home to St. Francis Academy
- Had 3 volunteers in Kenya for the entire month of June